Friday, October 1, 2010

10-01-2010

The other night, Elan S. was reading from JG Bennett's Making a Soul, and had stopped to take a look at how much longer the selection went on. As he did this, he mentioned a passage that spoke about "potential energy", but did not read it, and advised everyone to purchase the book.

Not having a chance to actually get the book yet, I'm left to wonder what it may have been about (I know it was in chapter 2!), but the concept of potential energy resonates with the uneasiness I've been feeling, lately. And, perhaps uneasiness is the wrong word--restlessness may be more appropriate, and would certainly fit more with the theme of the new phase I wrote about yesterday.

I suppose that, in a sense, I am constantly looking for another piece to a puzzle that continually grows more complex as I slot pieces in (almost like Tetris, but not quite). To further complicate the metaphor, it seems as though each puzzle piece is part of a window. In either case (puzzle or window), I know that I should be taking a moment to appreciate the picture as it is in this moment. This is difficult, though: if a piece that is currently in play is able to slot in, then a few more opportunities may open up. So, I continue to poke away towards the next good fit.

==============

"Man is a three-brained being."

Tomorrow I'll work with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment