Monday, December 21, 2009

OCG II Course, Day 2 (first full day)

10/25/2009 - Up at 5:30, shower at 5:50. Sat in the dark until 7, with a couple of pictures before hand. Sitting at 7:15.

Robert introduces us to a sitting exercise that almost all the beginners are unfamiliar with, including myself: the 60 Point Exercise. Very difficult.

Breakfast at 8. Kitchen team (whole course) at 9:30 a.m. 11:00, meeting with guitars.
Circulation.
When ready, begin, rhythm.
When ready, begin, soft > loud > soft.
When ready, begin, lo > hi.
Eye of the Needle. While playing this, I had a very immense and strong feeling of connection with this piece, like I have not had before.
Circulation: two groups. Group one, with chromatic notes, forward and back 3 times. Group two, with chromatic notes, forward and back 3 times. Full circle, 3 times, then repeat.
Circulation: same form, but with full circle 4 times. Each pass gets a point on the 60 Points.
I can't see to my right.
Whizz with a magic chord, 60 Points.
Lunch, and then Level T.
3 p.m., the aspirants learn to count.
4 p.m., tea.
4:45 p.m., AAD meeting with RF, for those who are concurrently participating in the at-a-distance course. I mention my recent difficulty with sitting (it's taking too long, and strays a lot), as well as the very close and personal connection I had while playing Eye of the Needle.
6 p.m., Body Beat with Tony G.
7 p.m., dinner, then clean-up (with RF running the dishwasher, which is surreal for me, though I'm not really surprised by it). Excellent food.

9:15 p.m.: House of Guitars.
When ready, begin.
When ready, begin again > led to whizzing, followed by silence, then a second beginning: sparse and open, followed by whizzing again.
RF comments on stance while performing.
David solo.
Patrick solo.
Gnarly solo.
Holding the Audience.
Chromatic magic chord whizzing, with backs to the inside of the circle.
RF: "This is going to be fun!"
Bed at roughly 11 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment