Saturday, January 21, 2012

It's been a rough week.

It's been a rough year, really.

Last week, on the way back home from rehearsal with the circle, I talked with V. a bit about my notion about the "blind spot" bit. It was a pretty wide-ranging conversation, and as he usually does, he had some useful things to say. I'm not sure he'd be comfortable with being seen as a teacher of more than guitar and music, but he teaches more than just those, all the same.

On my way to work, today, I had a sudden moment of clarity that I wasn't quite expecting, though I get the feeling that it's been coming for a long time. I am loathe to use the language I am about to use, only because I don't want to use someone else's words, but I don't have much else to work with, right now.

Deprived of my attachments, I do not exist. Brad is not.

A lot passed by in a heartbeat, so it's hard to really get the idea across simply. But, the best way I can put it right now is: if someone were to remove the things I am attached to, then I disappear.  I can look at my physical body and see it, I can recognize that there are internal processes and watch them happening, but when I lose the things that I am committed to (love is a good one to think about), there's not really anything left to leave.
This doesn't really even describe the situation correctly.

=-=-=-=-=

Slightly more context on this version.

No comments:

Post a Comment