Thursday, May 30, 2013

OCG VII - Day 4

Day 4
On waking around 6:00, a sense of apprehension about the improvised theatre bit with Chris, last night.  I seriously wonder whether it was a little over the top or not--not that there's anything I can do about it, but there might be something I can keep in mind for what comes.

7:00 - Sitting was oddly short.

8:00 - Breakfast.  Lots of comments, generally pretty good.  I find myself getting a bit annoyed with a couple of them--they have the smack of the "unknowing knowing" about them.  And there are so many of them.

Jaxie's question is the big one, though:  "How do we know if we should follow an impulse?"  Tony's response  (as I remember it) seems really good:  knowing that the conditions for himself are good to follow an impulse, namely if he feels like he is able to follow, and if he's unconcerned with what the outcome will be.

There are many other answers to this question.

Sandra notes the loud stomping that sounds like death and sleep, and leads everyone in an off-the-cuff exercise, emphasizing the lightness of feeling and thought that we feel even when connected to the earth.

Christina has a comment about watching someone try to "correct" behavior, and notes that this is the same as saying "no" in an improv:  it doesn't work.  Specifically, she was seeing some aggressive playing, and saw something come in with a delicate and cautious tone--it was like watching someone say "no".

I resist the urge to chime in with a comment of my own--there's too many of them, and now I'm really unsure about my stompfest with Chris last night, even though I was very consciously playing a role.  As we're clearing out of the dining hall, I ask Sandra if she has a moment at 10:30 to meet for a bit.  This ends up not happening (which is fine, as it's really just me wanting an ego stroke), but as I'm waiting in the conservatory, I spend the time looking at the Enneagram Garden, and get a bit of an insight I hadn't had before.  Interesting.

11:30 - Orchestra rehearsal is hard, and not enjoyably so.

1:00 - Quiet lunch, with Los Internationales delivering a five-language greeting and request:  first separately, and then all at once.  Very entertaining.  A short nap after lunch, and then off to fix an early dinner.

Dinner prep at 3:00.  We do not have a huge amount of stuff to do, as dinner is a light stand-up affair, but we keep busy.  At somewhere around 4:30, it is very quiet outside and inside the house, and I realize that I am standing in a holy space--the house has become so over the past day or so.

5:00, dinner.  Another recitation by Los Internationales.  Patrick's hummous has disappeared.  Clean-up, and a bit of practice, followed by preparing for dress rehearsal at 8:00.  It is pouring outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment