Monday, May 1, 2017

A week's recounting - Day 2

Ended up watching Christopher Nolan's "The Prestige" last night, and was awake far too late.  But this was another fun movie to watch, and gave me a genuine surprise.  Very well shot, very well told.  It makes me wonder if it's possible to see a bad Nolan movie.

Up quite early this morning, and out the door before 7:30.  Planned to sit on the bus, which I did, but just barely--the bus was very late.  Still arrived at work around 8:30, even allowing for a stop by the coffee shop across the street, which yielded one of the worst espressos I've ever had.  Just yesterday I was thinking about how I can almost always drink coffee, no matter how bad it is.  This was beyond the limit.  The taste was at least as bad as the smell, and the smell was inexcusable.  But the woman that is usually working the counter is always very nice, so it gets a pass.

Into work, with a few small tasks to address.  It's the first day of the month, which usually means there's a lot to follow up on, but it's very quiet this morning--perhaps this is in preparation for the meeting at 11:30am.  Still, I'd prefer to see a bit more action, as there are some large tasks that are looming, but can't be moved forward until I have more info from some customers.  So I have to make up busywork to distract myself, which makes me jittery.

Something else that makes me jittery:  receiving e-mails from a specific party that I like receiving e-mails from.  It never fails.  And it always spurs a bit of self-loathing.

Meeting for everyone at headquarters to go over the 1st quarter.  Just a little on the long side, but not too wonky (though it was close).  Some discussion of numbers and company topics, a group pic, and a chance to play the first USA jumbo prototype.  An oddly bright guitar:  the strings were completely fresh, but even allowing for this, the guitar was jangly.  But it played well.  I'd like to hear the guitar with a thinner top, or darker strings.

Ran out to get lunch, bumped into a couple people from work.  One asked about my girlfriend, and I had to politely correct him.

An afternoon spent on the same Monday things as usual.  Leaving work a little late, and chatting with the owner for a brief moment.  Homeward bound.

Arriving at home around 8pm.  Chatted a bit with one of my roommates, and then changing strings (trebles only) on my flamenco guitar, specifically to try out some new strings I got my hands on (Aquila Granato strings).  Initial impression is pleasant, but we'll see how they are tomorrow night.  Began watching Parks and Rec while I'm doing this.

Typical FB browsing, some diarizing, and to sleep at midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment